Most of these pics had been posted to my personal blog soon after the trip, but I decided to repost them here as well. 2011 was a year of great change for me, I was feeling very “seize the day” and when an unexpected bonus fell in my lap at work, I decided to book a trip to Japan the same day. I’ve wanted to visit as long as I was aware of the concept of international travel, so I was thrilled to finally be going on my dream trip. It was unfortunately short, about 4 or 5 days in all, but since I was traveling alone, I was able to sight-see pretty quickly and got to take in quite a bit.
- Totally ignoring common sense and all advice and renting a car, driving to RE Amemiya in Chiba, and returning via the Wangan.
- Visiting a Super Autobacs
- Karaoke until 5am
- Sitting in traffic behind an R34 GTR, who was sitting behind a MKIV Supra.
- 7-11 and Lawson. Seriously, convenience stores are awesome over there.
- Seeing all of the city from Tokyo Tower.
I’m making plans to return, although I don’t have any solid details yet. Needless to say, I can’t wait to get back there. My camera broke at some point during the trip, so many of these were taken with an iPod touch, so please excuse the quality.